Screenweaver was asleep but will be back and published Open Source. Check the blog from van Rijkom and also the blog from Darron Schall who iniciated the discussion about the External Interface API and projector-tools on OSFlash.org.
This is damn breaking news because
- the projector tool will be Open Source
- it will support synchronous calls using the Flash 8 External Interface API
- Darron works out a command-line version to compile the code with Microsoft’s freely available C+ Toolkit
- it will probably be the first projector tool which supports Flash 8
- it is planned to make all the stuff cross-platform (PC,MAC, LINUX) using wxWindows and the Flash Netscape Plugin
How the guys like to say it: Pimped
Many thanks to the people behind this great news!